Who doesn’t love cake? And who doesn’t love cake pops? The little balls of cake on a stick are the perfect bite-sized treat. And the best part is, you can make them at home!
Table of Contents:
2. What You Need to Make Cake Pops
3. Making the Cake Pops
4. Decorating the Cake Pops
5. Storing the Cake Pops
6. Tips for Making Perfect Cake Pops
What You Need to Make Cake Pops:
To make cake pops, you will need the following supplies:
-1 cake mix
-1 tub of frosting
-1 package of candy melts
-1 package of lollipop sticks
-1 container of sprinkles
Making the Cake Pops:
1. Start by baking the cake according to the instructions on the cake mix box. Once the cake is baked, allow it to cool completely.
2. Crumble the cooled cake into a large bowl.
3. Add 1/2 cup of the frosting to the crumbled cake and mix until well combined.
4. Roll the cake mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
5. Freeze the cake balls for 30 minutes.
6. Melt the candy melts according to the instructions on the package.
7. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into the melted candy and then insert the stick into a cake ball.
8. Dip the cake pop into the melted candy and coat completely.
9. Immediately sprinkle with the sprinkles of your choice.
10. Place the cake pop in a styrofoam block to dry.
11. Repeat with the remaining cake balls.
Decorating the Cake Pops:
Once the cake pops are dry, you can decorate them however you like! Get creative and have fun with it.
Storing the Cake Pops:
Cake pops can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Tips for Making Perfect Cake Pops:
-Be sure to use a good quality cake mix for the best results.
-If the cake mixture is too dry, add a little more frosting until it is the right consistency.
-Be sure to coat the cake pops completely in the melted candy. If there are any bare spots, the cake pop will be susceptible to breaking.
-If the candy coating is too thick, add a little bit of vegetable oil to thin it out.
-Have fun with the decorating! There are no rules when it comes to cake pops.
Cake pops are a delicious and fun treat that you can make at home! With a little bit of time and effort, you can create the perfect cake pop for any occasion.